Friday, February 12, 2010

"Snowstorm" in Fukuoka...January 13, 2010

Apparently, Fukuoka hasn't had this much (if you can call it 'much') snow in over 6 years.  It snowed off and on all day long but would melt instantly.  It was fun to watch but how can one possibly call it a "snowstorm?!"  These people don't know what snow is!  I had a great time being a part of Snow Storm #1 in Richmond, VA at Christmas and as I type they are experiencing Snow Storm #2 with over a foot of snow.  I am VERY jealous!!!  I LOVE snow just as much as I LOVE summer!  Hate winter but love snow!  I know...snow and summer are a strange combo!  


I need to do Alex's (a friend's son) snow dance that he learned in Kindergarten...turn your PJs inside out, sleep with a spoon under your pillow, and put ice cubes in the toilet!!!  A few snow days would be fabulous!


Here are pics taken at 4am when Tim decided to wake me up to show me the snow!  Good thing he did because it was only blanketed for an hour or so...
http://picasaweb.google.com/srhendricks78/SnowstormInJapan2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCOr-hK7Dzfj0PA&feat=directlink

No comments:

Post a Comment