More Questions and Answers from my "mail" that has officially all been delivered! I LOVED each and every postcard, card, and letter that you wrote to me. BOO that it's over! :(
Q: Have you managed to find a bra that fits you? How about birth control? Do they have spanks with peeholes in Japan?
A: Jamie, you are CRAZY and that's why I love you! I brought tons of bras so I don't need to go looking but for those of you who don't know, apparently bras here are no larger than 34B. Our insurance doesn't cover birth control. Abortions are the common form of birth control here, unfortunately. Don't worry, we've got everything under control!!! I have NO idea if they sell spanks with peeholes here, but my guess is YES! Come visit and we'll go looking!
Q: Are there any good chain restaurants in Japan?
A: EEK! I'm ashamed to answer this question with a YES!!! There are two REALLY good (and one is famous) ramen restaurants that we LOVE and they are both chains!!! Can you believe that we would frequent chain restaurants?!
Q: Is Japanese wine different than sake?
A: This is hard to answer...Sake is a rice wine but it is more like liquor. It is rare to be able to order wine at a restaurant here.
Q: Have we had any new adventures?
A: YES, LOTS! If you're reading this blog, then you know about them! ;-)
Q: Is Rosetta Stone working?
A: Tim says, "Yes, it does work and is very easy to do. However, like any foreign language, you have to put the time into it which hasn't been easy. There have been competing priorities." Sarah says, "Maybe if I'd start using it!"
Q: Are we able to speak the language?
A: Just a few words here and there. We are completely illiterate, though, which is very frustrating!!!
Q: How is the food?
A: FABULOUS!!! We can't get enough of it! Veggies are SO inexpensive, fresh, and easy to find. Ramen, sushi, rice, okonomiyaki, yakitori, etc. are ALL delicious! Read up on our food post! And, yes, there are plenty of McDonald's but we haven't eaten there yet and don't plan on it.
Q: How's my class?
A: My Kindergarten class of 10 is a great size! They are cuties who wiggle and want to play like all kindergarteners across the world. They like to sing and complete art projects the most. I would love to introduce them to you on Skype! I'm scrobins0703 so add me to your contacts!
Q: What books am I reading that they like?
A: I am missing all of MY books from home! The library didn't have The Kissing Hand when I came but the WONDERFUL librarian ordered it and it just came in! That's also happened with 3 other books!!! She fell in love with the book when it came in. I've also read another favorite, Chrysanthemum and many others that I can't think of right now! My brain doesn't work after school hours!
Q: Are these letters helping with my homesickness?
A: I'm not really homesick. I definitely miss my friends and family but I'm not homesick. I've cried once (not including my jet lag meltdowns) while PMSing. It was a good cry for sure! These letters definitely brighten my day when I am missing everyone at home and they bring a smile to my face!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment