Sunday, November 15, 2009

Keeping Warm and Trying to Stay Healthy!

Japanese apartments do NOT have insulation so staying warm is a bit tricky.  We have a kutatsu (heated table) and a space heater but I think everyone needs one of these to help them keep warm....


VT Snuggie in Japan, courtesy of my mother-in-law!


Since I can't read any of the over the counter medications at the drug store, this is how I treat my allergies in Japan...



I covered the bottom of a bowl with salt and then put really hot water in it, put a towel over my head, and camped out under the towel for while.  It worked!


In order to stay healthy, one must eat food!  Here's how we (or should I say Tim) do our grocery shopping in Japan...



We only have bikes so...



backpacks with lots of carabiner clips are are a necessity...or baskets on your bike!


2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha....love the snuggie! So innovative Tim! (even if plastic bags arent the best way to go for the environment)....and Sarah you're awfully innovative too (even if you do look kinda like a fool laying on the ground with a towel over your head) Love you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so happy to see you sporting the snuggie, my favorite thing to blog about :)

    ReplyDelete