Sunday, November 15, 2009

United Nations Day

FIS hosted a wonderful United Nations Day!  All of the children came in their native costumes and paraded into the schoolwide assembly which included the Consulate from Australia and students from our school singing and playing instruments from their countries.  Afterward, lots of group photos were taken.  The best part was a pot luck lunch hosted by all of the parents.  Man, they are good chefs!!!

Our students and faculty represent the following countries/continents:

Australia
Canada
China, including Taiwan
El Salvador
Finland
Germany
Iran
Japan
Kenya
Korea
Malaysia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Philippines
Russia
Spain
Switzerland
Thailand
Uganda
United Kingdom
United States of America
Venezuela

Pretty amazing if you ask me!

Mom's getting their girls ready...






Nile is getting ready to walk down the hall!  His mother is Japanese and his father is American, hence the NY Yankees cap...and went to VA Tech!  GO HOKIES!!!
"I give myself a great big hug.
I'm standing straight and tall.
I'm looking right ahead of me.
I'm ready for the hall!"



Ms. Kanegae and I love our little angels from around the world!!!


My class represents Japan (majority)...


The United States of America (Nile and me!)...


...and Ili (she's hiding with her sister) represents Malaysia!


Pre-K and K parents cooked for both classes.  We enjoyed our own pot-luck lunch while Grades 1-12 enjoyed their pot-luck lunch in the lobby.  There was a HUGE spread!  YUM!!!

More pictures from UN Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment