Since this was our first Christmas as a married couple, Tim insisted (and rightfully so) on getting a Christmas tree for our apartment. Their are no "real" Christmas trees here so Tim bought an artificial Charlie Brown tree at GooDay and carried it home on his bike. It was pre-lit with fiber optic lights which I never could decide if they were cool or tacky...I'm leaning towards cool! It is nearly impossible to find ornaments since Christmas is a fairly new concept over here. The idea of putting lights and trees up started 3-4 years ago. They obviously don't celebrate the Christian part of Christmas but Santa does come and many people decorate. I could only find ribbons and balls for the tree. I bought some different color balls and one of my kids made an ornament for me! So, here's our first tree as a married couple...
http://picasaweb.google.com/srhendricks78/ChristmasInJapan09?authkey=Gv1sRgCMb0l9i6r4O3oQE&feat=directlink
No comments:
Post a Comment