Sunday, April 25, 2010

One Year Ago (around Valentine's Day)...

One year ago (back in February), Tim and I were in San Francisco and our lives changed!  We were recently engaged, planning a wedding, and flew out to SF for a week long International Schools Services Recruitment Fair.  I interviewed with 2 schools, both FIS...Frankfurt International School and Fukuoka International School. Frankfurt offered me a 2nd interview and Germany would have been fun, but we talked to each other, talked to family, prayed, and made the decision for me to teach Kindergarten at Fukuoka International School!  We were so excited to be moving to Japan as newlyweds!  


We ate out at a nice Italian restaurant on Valentine's Day last year while in San Francisco.  We toasted to our upcoming wedding and upcoming move to Japan.  When we got home to Richmond, we started thinking about selling Tim's house and packing.  It was quite a process but now we're here in Japan and loving it!


This year we celebrated Valentine's Day in Japan with a nice dinner out and with friends at the Fukuoka-Now Party.  We exchanged cards (that I picked out for us to give each other).  Tim surprised me with beautiful calla lilies, the flowers that I wanted to have in my wedding bouquet!


Can't believe it's been a year since this whirlwind began!  Time flies when you're having fun!


Valentine's Day 2010 photos

No comments:

Post a Comment