Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dad and Beth Visit Japan! (Part 1 of 4) Fukuoka

I was beyond excited that Dad and Beth were coming to visit in April!  I was like a little girl on Christmas morning.  I couldn't wait to show them around my new home.  When they arrived I gave them big hugs and our visit of a lifetime began!  They embraced every bit of the Japanese culture.  They couldn't get enough of the people, the food, the toilets (seriously!), etc.  It meant so much that they loved it as much (or more) as we do!  We had the best time showing them around Fukuoka and Hiroshima.  Dad ended up being homesick for Japan when he returned to the States.  I'm homesick for them!  Come back and visit again!!!

Highlights of Fukuoka visit...
  • Ramen...We took them to Ichiran for some comfort food since they were weary from traveling.  They loved it as much as we do!
  • bikes...They got to ride our bikes with us as we do every day to school.
  • FIS visit...This may have been Dad's favorite part of the entire trip!  The kids LOVED having Dad and Beth visit.  We dyed eggs for Easter.  Haven't done that with Dad in a LONG time!  Dad and Beth read books with the kids and received many hugs.  We ended the day with an Elementary Easter Egg Hunt that was enjoyed by all.
Photos of Fukuoka visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment