Monday, June 14, 2010

Spring Happenings at FIS

We celebrated 2 birthdays in my classroom on May 19:  Ms. Kanegae, my fabulous aide, and Ili!  Ili loved that she shared the same birthday as one of her teachers.  I think we turned into cakes that day after eating 3!  Ili's dad brought an ice cream cake and a homemade chocolate cake.  Several parents bought Ms. Kanegae the most delicious, beautiful cake ever!  Happy Birthday Ili and Ms. Kanegae!


Birthday photos...


After studying animals, Kindergarten went on a field trip to the Fukuoka City Zoo.  I had been warned that it was fairly inhumane but I thought I'd check it out myself.  The animals, of course, were cute (especially the hippo and the elephants) but the conditions were awful.  They were in tiny cages.  Thankfully, the zoo is doing some renovations and the elephants are getting a larger home.  I look forward to seeing the zoo after the renovations!


Zoo photos...


I was excited for the annual Elementary Beach Day.  The beach is about a 5 minute bike ride from school.  It was supposed to be a little over 70 degrees.  I don't think it made it out of the 60s and it was windy.  We were....FREEZING!!!  Apparently it was the coldest Beach Day ever!  The kids still had fun!


Beach Day photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment