I have to say I was a bit worried about taking Tena to an onsen, as she was in her first trimester of her second pregnancy! YIPPEE!!! We are SO excited to be an aunt and uncle again!!! CONGRATULATIONS, Tena, Nate, and Cael!!!!! We found out they were pregnant right before they came to visit and were worried about the sushi and onsen. The mothers at my school ALL thought I was crazy when I inquired about mixing sushi, onsen, and pregnancy since that is part of their culture here. They put my mind at ease! Tena enjoyed the onsen...and ate some sushi...and was fine until morning sickness hit a few days into the trip :-(!
Highlights of our day/night in Beppu...
- hand bath
- foot bath
- tempura lunch
- onsen hopping
- Onsen #1: oldest onsen in Beppu; scalding hot water
- Onsen #2: waterfall onsen, different inside baths, beautiful outdoor bath with a small waterfall
- Onsen #3: 5-tiered onsen at our hotel
- relaxation
Tena and Nate seemed to really enjoy the onsen hopping day! Tim and I are a bit addicted to onsen!
Photos from Beppu...
No comments:
Post a Comment